Undivided Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 - Peer Pressure

2 posters

Go down

Week 2 - Peer Pressure Empty Week 2 - Peer Pressure

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am

Take some time to answer one or a few of these questions (feel free to spread your answers out!) Just hit "Post Reply" below.

Lesson 1:
- Do you like making your own decisions? Does it scare you - why?
- What does it mean to "sharpen" a friend? Has that happened to you?

Lesson 2:
- Do you catch yourself wanting to look like everyone else? Is that good or bad?

Lesson 3:

- Why is important to have standards in your life that are thought through and not just on the surface?

Lesson 5:
- What's a practical way you can "pressure" a friend into doing the right thing?

Admin
Admin

https://cvcyouth.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Peer Pressure Empty Decisions and "peer groups"

Post  LDC13 Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:04 am

From lesson 1.
-For me it depends on what kind of decisions...Like for easy decisions like ice cream flavors, movies, and clothes I like to choose. I however hate like making my own important decisions. Sometimes I wish that God would just tell me exactly what to do. I get scared about whether not it will affect my future or if I'll regret the one and wish I did the other. For me the more recent decision was choosing whether or not I was going to be homeschooled for another year or whether or not I was going to go to Northern for school...We decided after praying about it that I am going to Northern and It scares me a little and I hope that I can be a good influence to those who don’t know Christ.

-To me "Sharpening" a friend means to have influenced them in a good way. I always feel really good hanging out with my Christian friends because I get that little boost that helps me become a better Christian. What a Face
LDC13
LDC13

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Peer Pressure Empty Standards

Post  LDC13 Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:07 am

Lesson 3
- For me I have my absolute standards things I always try to do and things I will never do, but I also have some standards that are just on the surface. I think that having standards in your life through and through is important because if they are just on the surface it is easier to break the them and go along with the crowd. I liked in the story how the girl knew right away what the right thing was and didn't go to the party. I hope that I'll get better at doing the right thing without having to think about it.

:]
LDC13
LDC13

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Peer Pressure Empty Re: Week 2 - Peer Pressure

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down